Friday, October 28, 2005

Hindhede Nature Park

Went to Hindhede Nature Park this afternoon for these pics despite the partly cloudy sky. Strolled up the gentle winding boardwalk to the lookout point where I was rewarded with a lovely view of a water-filled disused quarry. From the dense forest across the water, I could hear the chatter of monkeys and the garrulous call of the white-crested laughing thrush. This is one of my favourite scenic spots at Bukit Timah Nature Reserve. Very calm and peaceful surrounding, reminds me of the same tranquility that I experienced at Tasik Kenyir.

In case your sense of direction isn't too good, this map will put you on the right track.
Click on the above photo for high-res image

View of the quarry from the lookout point.
The TAS VHF Station is at the top of the quarry
Click on the above photo for high-res image

No comments: