Wednesday, July 28, 2004

Google & other Search Engines hit by worm variant

A new version of the "MyDoom" computer worm was spreading on Monday, (26 July) and slowing the performance of Google and other Internet search engines such as Lycos, Altavista, and Yahoo.
According to the Washington-based SANS Internet Storm Centre - a computer security firm , the new variant known as "MyDoom.O" (also dubbed as "MyDoom.M") began appearing over the weekend. This mass-mailing worm was tapping into search engines in an effort to find more email addresses with which to spread further.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Google hit by worm variant

No wonder I had a tough time on Monday when I tried to make searches using Google. Each time I keyed in a query I was faced with a message telling me that a "server error" had occurred.

No comments: